1st Cooking Matters Class
2nd Spring Pictures
8th Cooking Matters Class
15th Cooking Matters Class
21st Preschool/Kindergarten Round-Up, 10:00-4:00 (Registration for 2014-15 school year)
24th CFL Expedition Presentations, 9:00-10:00am
May 17th is the Family Fun Run at Grand Valley Middle School! Click on the link below for more information.
Find us on Facebook!
To purchase student insurance, please visit http://markel.sevencorners.com/ or call tel:1-877-444-5014.
Our school was featured in the Grand Junction Sentinel and the Glenwood Springs Post Independent. Check out the “News” tab to read the articles!
1st grade: 8:20-4:05
Full Day Kindergarten: 8:20-4:05
Half Day Kindergarten: 8:20-11:50
AM Preschool: 8:20-11:20
PM Preschool: 1:00-4:00
Jr. Kindergarten: 12:35-4:05
*All Students attend Tuesday-Friday.
Visit our “Forms” page to find Enrollment paperwork
We are located at 100 East Second Street, in downtown Parachute, Colorado. Our mailing address is PO Box 68, Parachute, CO 81635.
We can be reached by telephone at 970.285.5702 or by fax at 866-864-6754
In 2002, Garfield County School District No. 16 strategically relocated all of the School District’s early childhood and kindergarten classes into the original school building of Parachute. They named the building The Grand Valley Early Childhood Literacy Center. The long term goal of the District was to have one center where all young children could attend high quality early childhood programs and parents would be able to access educational services and support for their child and themselves.
As an extension of this goal, in 2006, Garfield County School District 16 voters approved a school bond for 35 million dollars. A portion of bond funds (11 million dollars) were used to renovate and add onto the 1939 original school building, converting it into the Grand Valley Center for Family Learning. Input for the design of the building was gathered over time by teachers, administrators, and community members to reflect the vision stated below:
Vision: We seek to become an inventive public school with enduring relationships among educators, families, community volunteers, business, health and social service agencies, youth development organizations and others committed to children. This model transforms the traditional school into a partnership for excellence.
The state-of-the-art building accommodates 16 children’s classrooms (6 kindergarten, 6 preschool, 2 toddler and 2 infant). The preschool classrooms have built-in observation booths with one-way mirrors for the purposes of teacher training and observations by parents and professionals. Three outdoor play spaces are designed for the appropriate age group-toddler, preschool and kindergarten. There is a health clinic, adult education classroom and a teen parent room with computer work stations adjacent to the infant room. The building also has a kitchen, multipurpose room and gym.
- To increase the percentage of preschool aged children with needed skills in social/emotional, physical, cognitive, and language development to be ready for kindergarten.
- To increase the percentage of kindergarten students scoring proficient or higher in Reading, Writing and Math
- To increase the families accessing health, early childhood education, parent support and education, family literacy and adult education services by 10% annually as measured by enrollment and participation
- To improve school attendance for students who access CFL services
- To increase the percentage of parents who demonstrate skills which support their children’s learning
- To increase the percentage of parents who improve their education
- To add one new service to the CFL each year from the second to the fourth year as measured by enrollment and participation data
- Rebecca Ruland, Principal 970.285.5702 ext. 2102
- Certified Staff – 10
- Preschool Teachers – 3
- Teacher Assistants – 6
- Secretaries – 1
- Other Classified staff – 5
- Total Enrolled - 1st Grade - 75
- Total Enrolled – Kindergarten – 88
- Total Enrolled – Preschool – 96
Average Class Size:
Kinder/1st – 20
Preschool – 16