To enroll a student in Garfield 16 schools, the parent/guardian must complete the enrollment packet (Spanish) and provide the student's proof of age (i.e. birth certificate or other government documentation) and proof of residency. The enrollment packet can be downloaded here, or parents/guardians can visit the school or District Administrative Office for a paper packet. Completed enrollment packets can be submitted to the school or District Administrative Office (460 Stone Quarry Road, Battlement Mesa, CO 81635).
For enrollment in kindergarten, a student must be five years of age by August 1st. For enrollment in first grade, a student must be six years of age by August 1st. Students enrolling in Garfield 16 schools who have previously been enrolled in another school district will be conditionally enrolled until all educational records are received by Garfield 16.
Garfield 16 can deny a student's enrollment for the following reasons:
- The student has already graduated from the 12th grade and/or has documentation of completing the equivalent of a secondary education.
- The student fails to meet the age requirements.
- The student was expelled from another school within the past 12 months.
- The student had significant behavioral incidents that were detrimental to the welfare and safety of others in the past 12 months.
- The student did not comply with the previsions of Part 9, Article 4, Title 25, C.R.S. (immunization requirements).
Nonresident students seeking to enroll in a Garfield 16 school may do so on a first-come, first-serve basis provided that the student's enrollment does not have an impact on staffing or programming. Nonresident students' parents/guardians are responsible for the student's transportation.
For more information, please contact Ms. Kimberly Finn by email or by calling 970-285-5701 Ext. 5100.